Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Beyond What I Deserve


About a year ago I was still recovering from one of the greatest miracles I had ever been allowed to witness. Our home was yanked out from under us and we only had a week to find a new house, pack, and move. We summoned prayers from literally everyone we knew. We hand-delivered our request to God and believed that He would provide the answers we so desperately needed. Turns out we were not disappointed.

The very next day we found a house listed in the classifieds. It had beautiful hardwood floors and marble countertops and was only a mile away from where we were already living. We met the owner and were told that we could move in as soon as we were ready. We were allowed to keep our dog and we wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of changing phone numbers or elementary schools. The best part was that it was smaller and easier to clean! It was such a perfect arrangement that all we could do was stand in awe. God sure knows how to take care of us!


A year ago today I looked around at all that God had given me and I praised Him. I praised Him for allowing me to live and grow for another year, for all the amazing people He put in my life, and for meeting our needs in such a perfect way. My husband asked me last week what I wanted for my birthday. I had to think long and hard because honestly, there isn’t a thing that I could want or need. I have it all and I am so very blessed.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me and being a part of my life. I treasure you more than you could know.

So very blessed,
Sherry


6 comments:

Di Smith said...

Standing in awe of God's provision here, too! Thank you for sharing your journey, Sherry. You're leaving a big lump in my throat and an even bigger smile on my face.

{{{Hugs}}}

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were blessed, Diana! Thank you for following me as long as you have. You're such a gift to me!

Joanne Sher said...

Has it really been a year? WOW. God is so faithful.

Unknown said...

Yes, Jo! He gives the best gifts!

Catrina Bradley said...

You are indeed blessed! And it is because you trusted God to provide for you. I am SO glad you volunteered to interpret a dream for me -- I had to think for a minute what hooked us up and drew us together. I am blessed to be called your friend. LOVE YOU!
cat

Unknown said...

I don't think the dream had anything to do with it. That was all God, all the way. I love you too, precious lady!

Post a Comment