Friday, June 29, 2012

January 30, 2012
Reading from John 9


Jesus knew the Pharisees would have major issues with the healing of the blind man. They would either have to take him at his word that he was the Son of God or they would have to deny the truth. They chose door number 3- get rid of the evidence. Rather than face the face truth, they booted the evidence. Out of sight, out of mind, right? When faced with disturbing truths in my own life, how am I apt to respond to them? Will I face my own inadequacies and repent, deny the truth about God, or toss the evidence and pretend nothing happened? I every instance-either good or bad- I should choose Jesus. Denial or indifference does not change facts. Lesson of the day: When Truth confronts you, embrace it and repent. Do not deny or hide from it. Learn from mistakes and allow the Lord to change you from the inside out.


Dear God,
Open my eyes to truth about myself and ways I need to change. Speak to the lost and heal their blindness.
Amen. 

1 comments:

Catrina Bradley said...

It's instinct for me to think "hide it!", but I can't hide anything from God, I know. And sometimes he convinces me to "unhide" it from men too.

Post a Comment