Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be Careful What You Ask For

June 18, 2012
All this time I've been "waiting for direction". Maybe that's my whole problem. If I'm really supposed to delight myself in the Lord, why am I still sitting here not delighting? Don't sit, just do. Well ok, then. I guess it's time to get busy...


King David was an intriguing man. He made his mistakes but he also paid dearly for them. He  understood that everything we do affects everyone around us and that consequences for bad choices are just a part of life. I guess what really hits me between the eyes the most is his appreciation for sacrifice. He understood on a very real level that sacrifice is just lip service unless you back it up with solid action. If it doesn't cost anything, why bother?

A couple of days ago I was aimlessly wandering, in need of answers and a job to keep my hands busy. Today I see a well lighted path with plenty of work to do along the way. I am fully prepared to get down and dirty and give up a huge part of myself in the process. God sure has a funny way of answering prayers.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new blog, Sherry! I've found myself in this same position many times - moving ahead one step at a time in the Lord's strength is the key! Great post! God bless!

Dee Yoder said...

Looks wonderful, Sherry! Congrats on your new look and your new step forward.

Unknown said...

WOW, I love the look here. Was trying to see it from my iPhone; but it doesn't do the page justice.

Joanne Sher said...

Just follow that path, my dear friend. Cheering you on!

Catrina Bradley said...

Congrats, sweet Sherry!!! Looking good!

Unknown said...

Awe, thanks for the encouragement! Looking forward to whatever comes next!

dandelionfleur said...

Love, Love, Love the new look, Sherry! You asked and received! Blessed is the name of the Lord.

Post a Comment