Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In Her Shadow


Sherry & Kristina 1992
My friend, Jan posed the question yesterday at Jewels of Encouragement. (Click on the tab and scroll down to yesterday's date to find her post) “What are some sounds that you would prefer you didn’t have to listen to?” Loud snoring and bad grammar top my list. Still, it got me thinking about sounds I love to hear. Jim Brickman on the piano. Rain tapping against the window. My dog’s playful bark that sounds more like a howl. My daughter’s laugh and my husband’s sexy voice on the phone. These are all sounds that I adore but there is one in particular that never gets old. I never tire of hearing my little sister asking for my attention.
“Hey, want to hang out tomorrow?”
“How did you know when you were in love?”
“Let’s go shopping and buy BFF necklaces!”
“I love you!”

Sherry & Kristina 2010



Although I feel plain, ordinary, and insignificant around her I’m perfectly fine with that. She glows and she makes everything and everyone around her better somehow. I know I’m the older one so logic would dictate that she look up to me. The truth is that as many years as there are between us, I will always look up to her. Standing in her shadow, the sun is shining on the both of us and everything is beautiful. 

4 comments:

April Gardner said...

Beautiful! Sisters are the BEST.

Catrina Bradley said...

Awww, What a sweet post!! And you are BOTH beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, you guys!

Joanne Sher said...

You ARE both beautiful.Such a sweet post.

Post a Comment